2.07.2011

movie monday: jane eyre ;)

Looks like I spoke to soon about "music monday's".  I don't have music news other than...the concert was amazing on Friday!  Shara is so incredible!  I was telling Dan on our way to the show that seeing her live feels like an other-worldy experience.  I tried to explain in different ways the impact that her voice has on an audience member and I ended with something like "I just...I don't know how to explain/describe it".  Well he understood fully what was unexplainable/indescribable.  One of the most meaningful and precious moments for me of the night was when she sang the lullaby she wrote for she and her husband's baby, Constantine.  It was so beautiful.

Well, there is a new movie version of Jane Eyre coming out this March starring Mia Wasikowska (Alice from the new Alice and Wonderland!) and it has me returning to my cheaper than 5 dollar book from senior year of high school.  I have hopes to finish the novel before the movie comes out but as I've mentioned before I'm a pretty terrible reader (I fall asleep...and lose focus and re-read the same few sentences over and over again!).  I remember enjoying this story in high school, but I also remember thinking it was slow.  We'll see what happens!  I'm pausing my attempt to read Pride & Prejudice for this...



1 comment:

  1. Ooooh! I haven't seen the 2006 version! I'll have to get on that once I finish re-reading...thanks for the suggestion :)

    ReplyDelete