11.18.2010

butterbeer.

Oh yes, that's right.  I am SO making butterbeer for tonight!  Terri, my good friend/studio mate from school is getting in just before 9 PM and I will be greeting her as "Ginny" (umm..as Ginny as I can get, I'm Asian-American if you didn't know!).  I am so excited!!  

Well, here's the recipe in case you want to try it out too....I'll have to let you know how it goes :)

1 cup light or dark brown sugar
2 tbls water
6 tbls butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cider vinegar
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp rum extract (don't have it so I'm using maple syrup!)
4 12-oz bottles cream soda

In a small saucepan over medium, combine sugar & water.  Bring to a gentle boil and cook, stirring often, until the mixture reads 240 F on a candy thermometer (What!?!  Not sure what I'll do for that yet...)

Stir in the butter, salt, vinegar & 1/4 of the heavy cream.  Set aside to cool to room temperature.

Once the mixture has cooled stir in the rum extract (maple syrup!).

In a medium bowl, combine 2 tbls of the brown sugar mixture & the remaining 1/2 cup of heavy cream.  Use a mixer to beat until just thickened, but not completely whipped (about 2-3 minutes).

To serve, divide the brown sugar mixture between 4 tall glasses (about 1/4 cup per glass).  Add 1/4 cup of cream soda to each glass & stir to combine.  Fill each glass nearly to the top with additional cream soda, then spoon the whipped topping over each.


Sounds...super sweet!

(Recipe found here, photo found here).

Yay!


Also...I'll be posting our wedding photos tomorrow!  I'm excited for that too :)

3 comments:

  1. sounds delicious! enjoy the drink and the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...that sounds delicious. Can we make that next week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can confirm that the Butterbeer was FANTASTIC. And Kristen made a very cute Ginny Potter-Weasley!

    ReplyDelete